INTRODUCING: SARAH BUTCHER

The Talk Casuals Team is getting bigger and better and I am so excited to introduce you to our newest member, Sarah Butcher! After her blog takeover I knew she would be a perfect addition to the team!

Check out her latest post here and get to know her a little better in our interview below! 

Tell us a little about you... 
I’m 35yrs old and luckily due to the power of E45 I’m still getting asked ID! I’ve been living in North London for the past 11yrs, which works well supporting the better of the two footie teams based around these parts.

I am a senior buyer for a high street retailer and worked in the industry since uni, which is perfect with my love of shopping although my dream would be to one day work for a sneaker brand/retailer.

When did you start getting into trainers and streetwear?
I’ve been into sneaks since as far back as I can remember, it all started when my nan bought me my Reebok BB4600 hi-top in the classic white/blue colourway around the mid 80s. Throughout the 80s/early 90s I had a love affair with Reebok Pump, both sneaks & clothing and then I discovered the Max 95 on a trip to the US and I became a Nike girl!

Me in my Pumps on holiday with my Nan circa late 80s


Whats your favourite trainer of all time?
It’s got to be my grail, the Huarache ’92 Black/White/Black which took me 21yrs to find in my size & DS. I remember seeing this in my local Champion Sport as a kid and practically begging my Mum to buy them to no avail. I then spent many years scouring websites trying to track them down with no luck. Joining Instagram last year and becoming friends with like-minded people helped me to realise my dream of owning these sneaks – one I will definitely rock rather than just stock.


What trainer release are you most looking forward to this year?
Over the past year, I have been growing my collection of older release Jordan’s but I’ve not managed to hunt down the Jordan 6 Black Infrared in my size, so I’m looking forward to the retro drop at the end of the year.


Otherwise it’s nice to buy the unexpected – I didn’t own any Saucony’s until the recent Offspring collab so it’s good to buy into something different and now I know how good the quality is, I’ll be buying more of them in 2014.

Have you ever passed on picking up a trainer and regretted it ever since? If so, what pair?
I stupidly slept on the Floral Janoskis and now they go for a silly price, so probably be something I can’t add to my collection. Apart from that, I’ve been lucky to get most of the sneaks I’ve wanted either at release or at a later point via one of the sneaker sites like PRM store, Small Feet Big Kicks or good old eBay.

How would you describe your style? And if any, who are your style inspirations?


Instagram is a great place for inspiration with @sffte and @anitasherita being those who stand out for being into kicks but having a super stylish look.

If you could create a trainer hybrid what would it be?
I can’t think of a hybrid but in terms of shoes I would like to be retro’d it would have to be the one or all of the following – Air Max 96, Air Max Light III & Zoom Spiridon and for purely selfish reasons!


Anything else you'd like to add?
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter”

Thanks for reading.

 

Make sure you give Sarah a follow through her Instagram and Twitter and also our Facebook Page! 

Popular Posts