TALK BRANDS #8: ELISHA FRANCIS LONDON

We're nearing the end of our Talk Brands collective, but it's not over yet! This week we're getting up close and personal with Elisha Francis of Elisha Francis London. I first met Elisha at the very first Fresh Laces event back in April, and I've been following her brand ever since. I'm a big fan of her jewellery and I'm planning on purchasing a piece from a special collection, but I'll let her tell you a little more about that...


Where did Elisha Francis London all begin and what made you want to run your own brand? 
I began making jewellery as a hobby in August 2003 after a trip to John Lewis department store led to the creation of my first pair of earrings.
I came across a business start up workshop run by GLE one London at my local library and they helped me turn my passion for jewellery into a business in December 2009.


How would you describe Elisha Francis London?
My designs are vintage inspired with a London edge, I enjoy making jewellery that makes the wearer feel like a Superstar.
 
What is your favourite piece from your collection? 
At the moment my favourite piece is the new 'ISIS' design from the Bomani Collection.


If you could sum up your brand in 3 words, what would they be? 
Glamourous, Bold & Chic

What for you has been the highlight of running Elisha Francis to date? 
Sponsoring the MOBOs goody bags in 2012, and finishing my Jewellery design last month.

What do you do outside Elisha Francis London? 
Recently my husband has started his own business venture called 'Fresh Laces' and I have become involved in the events management side of the business which has been great.

What is your favourite clothing brand, other than your own? 
I don't really have a favourite clothing brand, but I am a huge fan of vinatge clothes. I love visiting the shops in Brick Lane and looking for little treasures.

Favourite brand of footwear? 
I would have to say, Converse, I wear them with absolutely everything and have loads of different colours.

What can we expect to see from Elisha Francis in the future? 
Now that my degree is complete I will be working on a new collection and planning an official launch event. 

What, in your opinion, is the best thing about running your own brand? 
It's great being your own boss and being able to see happy customers in my designs.


What advice would you give to someone who may want to start their own brand?
My advice would be, believe in yourself, be prepared to work very hard and remember there is no such thing as perfect, a successful brand should constantly be evolving  

Anything else you'd like to add
I will be designing a special collection of jewellery for 'Fresh Laces' next event which will take place in Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge on the 20th July.




You can purchase some gorgeous pieces by Elisha Francis via her website and at the next Fresh Laces event. Make sure you follow @elishafrancis on Twitter and Instagram!

Popular Posts