THE SAUCONY ORIGINALS SUSHI PACK‏


To kick off AW15 Saucony Originals roll out their incredibly tasty Sushi Pack. Sushi was originally sold as street food in Japan around the 8th century and by the late 1980s, the little rolls of vinegar-flavoured cold cooked rice served with a trim of raw fish or vegetables became a worldwide obsession.
The pack features sushi inspired colours on two iconic Saucony silhouettes: the men’s Shadow 5000 and women’s Shadow Original. While both styles are made up of synthetic materials, they also feature an EVA midsole for incredible cushioning. 


The Shadow 5000 upper features wasabi and black colours that base the shoe, while the savoury hues of wasabi and ginger brighten up the two women’s Shadow Original styles. 

I've liked these since I checked them out in the flesh at Coffin on Cake's AW15 Press Day, and let me tell you, if the pictures don't do it for you, they are tasty in real life! 

Sushi anything is a winner for me, I think its really interesting inspiration for a trainer release! Its been executed really well too - the Wasabi Shadow Originals are sooo good! It's also really nice that the ladies aren't getting left out on these cool AW15 releases too! I think we can expect loads more releases in smaller sizes from lots of brands now the female sneaker heads are getting real recognition, which is really exciting!


The Saucony Originals Sushi Pack will be available from select Saucony Originals retailers and I definitely want my hands (feet) on a pair of these!

Check out some more imagery I took at the Press Day below...



Popular Posts