COMING SOON: WMNS NIKE AIR MAX "BLACK PACK" QS

This classic case of colour blocking is an absolute winner. I'm a sucker for an all black upper! The upcoming Air Max "Black Pack", scheduled to drop on July 12th consists of the Air Max Thea, and the iconic Air Max 1. 

Nike have combined such a play of textures in this pack, with that soft suede, mesh and shiny patent leather for a final touch. It's a toned down look compared to what we have recently seen with allover prints recently, like with the "Watercolour Camo" Roshe Runs, "Black Foral" and "Digi-Floral" Janoskis. 


Monochrome colourways never fail to have a clean finish about them, and this pack doesn't fall short of that either. However being a QS release, I can't see these hanging around on the shelves for very long. I'm always looking for a trainer that I could wear everyday and not have to worry about an outfit to match, and these hit the nail on the head. I actually threw a similar combo together on Nike iD recently (but with a speckled sole!).


The Air Max Thea is a newer addition to the Air Max family, and one that I'm welcoming in with open arms. I like to think of it as the Love Child of the Air Max 1 and the Roshe Run. Both favourite silhouettes of mine - which I'm sure you're no stranger to if you're a regular to Talk Casuals. 

I love the minimalistic feel to the Thea and I recently looked in to buying the Lime before I saw these! The Thea's have a low-cut profile, which some people missed when wearing the Roshe Runs. Another bonus is that they have the solarsoft sockliner which means they couldn't feel any more like spongey foot hugging clouds unless they were one! 

Images courtesy of Nike Sportswear Facebook

The Air Max 1, has, and always will be an iconic trainer, but we all know the shape is just not the same anymore. I myself have considered reshaping some of mine to repress that ski-slope/bananarama toe box shindiggery that's going on. If you want to know how to do this, make sure you check out my girl Lei-Mai's reshaping video. I'm definitely more confident tackling mine now! 

Overall, I'm rating this pack a lot, it's a simple colour scheme - but sometimes less is more! What do you reckon? Keep an eye on Nike and other Nike retailers to grab a pair!

Popular Posts