TALK TO ME CASUALS #1: VEGAN SOLES

This TALK TO ME CASUALS part of my blog is for you to ask me questions that I'll try my best to answer for you. The first instalment of this section is based on a question from one of my good friends...



Yesterday I was asked by a friend of mine "what trainers look like Nikes, but aren't Nikes and are also Vegan?"


This has probably been one of my hardest sneaker-related questions to answer yet, as this is most definitely not a domain I'm familiar with and so, after a bit of investigating I came across a few interesting issues.


The first issue is that there are hardly ANY trainer brands that cater for vegans. Google failed me and just dumped me on a load of forums which I found difficult to get around.



The next thing I discovered was that New Balance are a brand that kept popping up which fit this criteria, however...



On further digging, I actually discovered that New Balance are not vegan, but that they do have many shoes that are made with synthetic leather. As well as this they do not have any guarantees regarding what kind of glues they use.



So then I dug even deeper and came across Sauconys "Pro Vegan" collection. 


These four colourways are from 2009, almost historical now, and not much help to my friend.


The current vegan pack available now, in my opinion, aren't as smart. 





You can see more pictures of these and other colourways here. My next problem was that I can't find any UK stockist of this vegan friendly pack after a quick investigation and so this is where I need you lot..



Can you answer the question of all questions and find a pair of vegan friendly trainers that are as smart as Nikes?



Or, can you find a UK stockist for this pack?



The challenge begins....



Leave a comment below with an answer to this or more questions or @ me on Twitter or Instagram: :@shangry_




Images from www.saucony.com and www.vegankicks.com

Popular Posts